WE TAKE PRIDE IN CREATING ACTIVE, CONFIDENT & GOOD TEAMMATES FOR LIFE
Our Ponytail Program combines sports exposure and development with a creative arts twist.
- Our Ponytail Program is about exposure to a wide variety of sports and activities including tennis, volleyball, basketball, softball, soccer, lacrosse, karate, yoga, dance, field hockey, running, fitness and more
- optional swim instruction offered at various locations
- A focus on developing the coordinated movements behind sports skills through our proven and customized teaching methodology and fun
- Attention to the life skills and values captured through sports play such as teamwork, sportsmanship, spirit, effort, persistence…
- Creative play intertwined including art projects, team skits, team songs, sidewalk chalk challenge, water fun, Halloween in July, tie dye, etc.
Game On! has years of experience working with the young girls, the nurturing environment AND unique programming that will help your daughters to feel progress. This translates into the self esteem needed for everyday life and healthy habits that start early.
Try it out – you will come to TRUST & BELIEVE.
From a Ponytail Parent: “Dylan still wears her t-shirts all the time and CAN NOT wait for camp! It did wonders for her confidence which is just what I was hoping for. If you say “hey ponytails” to my 3 year old son he says “hey what” and then does his version of the cheer. Very funny. ” – Caryn S.
Sample Day at Game On! Ponytail Camp
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. All camp morning opening that will include camp directors psyching up the campers for the day to come, including any special in-camp clinics or activities. We may also play an all-camp game such as capture the flag that allows all campers to bond.
9:35 – 10:10 a.m. Softball (focus on the mechanics involved in throwing a ball with correct form through demonstration, one-on-one work, and fun games that reinforce the skill)
10:15 – 11:15 a.m. (Lake Forest camp only) Instructional swim (optional 2-day per week program)
10:15 – 10:50 a.m. Art fun related to a theme such as sportsmanship, teamwork, spirit, etc.
10:55 – 11:30 a.m. Volleyball (using our Softee volleyballs, we will focus on the mechanics of passing through demonstration, one-on-one work, and fun games that reinforce the skill)
11:35 – 12:20 a.m. All-camp lunch
12:30 – 1:05 a.m.Soccer (focus on dribbling/kicking with some soccer tag to go along)
1:10 – 1:45 a.m. Choice of Karate with Sensei Marla or Dance
1:50 – 2:30 a.m. Choice of modified flag football or tennis fun
2:30 – 3:00 a.m. All camp Wrap-up that will include popsicles for all, fun minute-to-win-it contests, shout outs that recognize special achievements, good deeds, effort and attitude, and reminders for the day to come.
And don’t forget our Big Little Sister program, special all-camp events such as water wars and goofy olympics, field trips, unique incentive programs that recognize growth as an athlete and a person (awards earned) and so much more.